Travelling with kids
Travelling with kids
A person who has reached his/her second birthday but not his/her 12th birthday on the date of commencement of the first flight. Requirements: the whole journey must be issued on the same ticket and the time from the date of commencement of first flight to the date of commencement of last flight is not more than 1 year.
– Itineraries wholly operated by Bamboo Airways: A person who has not reached his/her second birthday on the date of commencement of first flight is served as infant on all segments. Requirements: the whole journey must be issued on the same ticket and the time from the date of commencement of first flight to the date of commencement of last flight is not more than 1 year.
– Itineraries consisting of segments operated by Bamboo Airways and other airlines: A person who has not reached his/her second birthday on the date of commencement of each flight is served as infant on each segment.
– Accepted as normal passenger in case of INF with usual health status. In case INF has unusual health status or INF is a prematurely-born child, medical clearance before departure is required.
– Infants under 14 days: BAV does not accept transport of infants who are less than fourteen (14) days old except for humanitarian, medical reasons etc. Bamboo Airways may consider transporting INF under 14 days old when there is a written confirmation from a doctor confirming the possibility of departure of the infant and a liability agreement signed by the infant’s parent or legal guardian.
– INF are required to travel with companion. Bamboo Airways shall refuse carriage if INF travel alone.
– An infant may travel provided that he/she sits on an adult’s lap.
– In case accompanying passengers need to buy extra seats: In principle, infants cannot sit on their own separate seats, so that INF cannot be offered separate seats. However, the service could be offered to passengers requiring 2 adjacent seats for more convenient.
– Be able to take care of children during the flight;
– Not simultaneously traveling with a passenger with disabilities.
– Each accompanying passenger is allowed to travel with the maximum number of Infant (INF) and children (CHD) as below:
Maximum 01 INF and/or 01 CHD from 02 to under 06 years of age and unlimited number of children from 06 years of age and above; or
Maximum 02 CHD from 02 to under 06 years of age and unlimited number of children from 06 years of age and above.
In case the number of children traveling with one adult exceeds the above number, it is requested to book Accompanied Cabin Crew service.
– Only one (01) infant is allowed for one (01) adult. Bamboo Airways does not accept 1 adult traveling with 2 INFs. In case the number of INF traveling with one adult exceeds the above number, it is requested to book Accompanying Cabin Crew service.
– Conditions for the accompanying passenger:
From 18 years old or above (at time of departure)
Satisfy the conditions of the escort person mentioned above.
To be in good physical situation and not request special services (except special meals)
If the escort of INF is pregnant (PREG):
PREG passenger can only travel with a maximum of 01 INF and/or an unlimited number of children from 6 years old and above; and
PREG under 28 weeks of pregnancy and not being a passenger requiring medical clearance before departure.